December 6, 2007

"Merry" and Joseph

Ben is now getting old enough to where I can keep a quote book on him. Here is one of my most recent favs:

Mommy: (pointing to a holiday box as Ben notices the letters on it) "Yes, that says, 'Merry Christmas'!"

Ben: "Merry...and Joseph!"

It's always cute when he makes up or mixes up phrases like that. I'm also enjoying how he is conjugating verbs and answering us in sentences, and often in the RIGHT way!

Mommy: "Are you being gentle with that?"

Ben: "Yes, I am."

Mommy: "Did you have a good sleep last night?"

Ben: "Yes, I did."

Now, all you former colleagues and students out there- Mrs. Norris has not been nagging or otherwise informing him of any grammatical errors! I am very excited to teach him formerly one day, but in the meantime, he must be just listening to everyone else!

Oh, and one more thing while we're on the subject of him copying people. The other night at evening church he was sitting between Hayden and me. Moments after Hayden put his arm up on the pew around my shoulder, I looked down to see Ben observing Daddy's move and then looking down at his own arm. He put his around me, too! I wish I could've frozen that minute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute, that Ben put his arm around you too!!! I love it! Copying his wonderful daddy and loving his wonderful mommy, all at the same time. Merry (and Joseph) Christmas to all four of you, from the Varaks

Becky Frame said...

They say the way your kids talk is a direct result of Mom and Dad's speech patterns. I was concerned that my boys would pick up on other family members' deplorable grammar habits, but we've seen none of that. Every once in a while, they come home with an improper phrase, but it doesn't last. So that's happy. Yay, you.