January 7, 2008

January is coming!

Yes, I'm aware that we're already one week into this month. But I give this title b/c of my son's understanding of the month. As we were putting away Christmas decorations, I was explaining why we had to put them away and what new things were coming up that we could look forward to. The phrase, "January is coming" must've been compiled in his mind when I said "January is here" and "February and March are coming." Anyways, now January is referred to as a person who is coming to our house. I've given up trying to correct Ben's understanding and am now looking forward to meeting January myself.

And here we are one week shy of it being a whole month since I've blogged. Let's just say that birthdays, Christmas, family visits and several church activities can summarize why I have not blogged! I don't know how anyone else has kept up (Crystal, you even had a baby!!!).

A few things to note- one is that we get to hear our beloved Jubilant Sykes next month! It will be the first time we'll actually pay to hear him, but we're so thrilled this amazing singer and godly man is coming right to our town! Hayden and I will go with our pastor and his wife. The cool thing about where we live is that we've been to more cultural events in the Midwest than we did in California b/c many of our Christian and country favs probably couldn't pack the expensive venues in LA enough to come there. Plus, when we go here, it's usually a 30 min drive MAX, free parking, and no traffic! Anyways, we're excited.

So another thing I'm excited about is that we signed Ben up for a children's music class that will begin in February. It's once a week and it's designed to teach children the basics of music and expose them to a variety of instruments. Hayden and I are looking forward to his reaction at the first class. Sometimes around instruments he's just awestruck, b/c to him it's like meeting Mickey Mouse or Bob the Builder, and he doesn't want to touch any of them. Other times he is so excited he starts rambling in incomprehensible terms. We'll have to see, but it's all right here in town at the Institute of Music! Oh, and he did get a set of drums for Christmas, along with a french horn and microphone, all of which are electric (which means of course there is a blessed OFF switch!). Susanna got some toys, but of course, he favorite is whatever is in Ben's hand:)

We got a beautiful dumping of snow for Christmas and it's felt like we live in a winter wonderland. I'll post a few pictures on that one. Okay, I'll just stop rambling all together and post them.

2 comments:

Jason/Lindsay said...

I am really excited for Ben to take the music class too! Zach just the other day pointed out a trumpet he saw some where and said, "Trumpet! Like Ben's!" We all know who to whom to connect musical instruments!

Anonymous said...

Ben loves music so much, I can imagine it may be difficult to choose just 1 instrument!
I can see him playing the hymnns on Sunday morning in 4 years.
GOD bless you.