She was not ecstatic about her chocolate cupcake, but slightly excited.
This is what Ben thought of his sister's new pink pop-up storage thingy.
Overall, it was a very fun birthday party. Just a few family members and church friends, which quickly amounted to 20 or so people at the house. We loved it! I don't think Susanna quite fathomed everything that was going on; she just people-watched most of the time. Then she retired before half the guests went home! Though it's 45 an raining outside, I believe in the faithfulness of God to bring spring and she WILL be wearing her new sundresses soon!
I found myself on several occasions last week thanking the Lord for the first year of Susanna's life. She certainly started off as a trial more than a blessing, I confess. Most of you remember my first time dealings with a very fussy baby! But I wouldn't trade that time of learning about my daughter and about myself for anything. And now the Lord has channeled much (not all- she's still my drama queen!)of that screaming energy into cheery squeals of delight in the morning and belly laughs with Ben in the afternoon. Thank You, Lord! May she grow to be the woman You want her to be and live to serve You.
April 1, 2008
Susanna's ONE!
Posted by Heather at 4:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Happy birthday, Susanna! You're precious and beautiful, little girl!
Heather, you are a beautiful mommy. I love the way you talk about your kids. It warms my heart.
Amen!!! Happy Birthday Susanna! I wish you could come over here and have some French birthday cake. Maybe someday......
Happy Birthday Susanna! How fun, and how it gives me hope that our seriously unhappy Maddie may be our seriously giddy girl one day. Love and miss ya!
What a beautiful, precious baby girl! And already a year old. My, how time does fly. Heather, you are doing marvelously with your children...a daily, draining, rewarding job! Your Susanna will flourish in the sunlight of your love and training; we hope she will resemble your grace, beauty and obedience. Press on! Steph
Post a Comment