September 16, 2010

A Boy's Life

Ben: "Mom! Come see this!" (outside)
Mom: "What is it?" (seeing him point to the grass)
Ben: (Fearlessly picks up a large black snake with one bare hand.)
Mom: (Standing on a lawn chair, catching her breath) "Ben! Put that down!"

The snake didn't move after Ben plopped the 2.5 footer down on the ground. I proceeded to throw a broom at its head, and it still remained motionless. Though it appears to be dead, I have not ventured near the thing. My son, on the other hand, expressed the following after discovering the snake's apparent status:

"Mom, I just want to cut him in half."

??

When we're not catching reptiles, we're at soccer practice, learning kindergarten stuff, or enjoying the increasingly cooler weather here in Florida. I know it's been half of an eternity since I've updated here; the summer flew by! Our vacation Bible school went well in late July (see pics on the church website)and after that we enjoyed a relaxing vacation. The kids went to their first professional baseball game, and Ben learned how to be a switch hitter from Uncle Mike! We went from lazy summer mode straight into school and soccer and church activities!

And my camera battery is dead, so pics are low :( Here are a few, and then I'm signing out before going to soccer practice! By the way, do any dads have tips on teaching aggressive boys not to tackle in soccer? (see: wanting to cut snake in half)



6 comments:

Becky Frame said...

Snips and snails and puppy dog tails! That's what little boys are made of. But I always say snakes. Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails. Yay for soccer and kindergarten and pics of your lovely little family. Love you.

fredsgirl said...

Good to get an update - love the picture of Susanna! She looks like a genu - ine Southern Hillbilly Belle ;) So good to see you guys! Look forward to catching up. Last night Ellie proclaimed, "Mommy, I saw a pider (spider)!" Me: Really? What color was it? Ellie: "Pink and Lellow!" "Wow! that must have been one interesting spider!"

cynthia said...

your children are BEAUTIFUL! they are both the perfect mix of their parents!!!

The Eaks said...

Great to see an update! Glad you guys had a fun summer! I love all the crazy kid quotes. :) Love to you and your sweet fam!
Carey

Crystal said...

Heatha! So good to see your update - those cuties are BIG KIDS all a sudden! Miss you!

Gwen T said...

Susanna's face in that middle picture is so precious! It's so good to see an update from you -- glad you're all doing well :) Keep us posted!