A few days ago, the kids and I were driving in the car and talking about going to a wedding later that day. When I said, "Miss Janae and Mr. Chris are getting married today," Ben responded, "I want to be married, too!"
"Well, I am praying that one day God will give you a godly wife and that you'll be a godly husband."
"Will you pray for me?"
How cute, I thought. "Okay," I said, and prayed for him in this regard (eyes open) as we slowly cruised through a neighborhood. When I finished praying Ben exclaimed,
"I'M MARRIEEEED!"
Now there's belief in immediate answered prayer!
August 10, 2008
Childlike Faith
Posted by Heather at 4:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
haha! ben is so funny! i love it!
That's darling! It reminded me of the quote by Puritan John Flavel: "What a mercy was it to us to have parents that prayed for us before they had us, as well as in our infancy when we could not pray for ourselves!" I'm sure Ben will be that godly young man you're praying for! Steph
cute cute cute!
love,
carey
Okay, that was funny! How cute! Thanks for putting a huge smile on my face...
Hey - I love the new look - and always enjoy your updates :) Love ya's!
Post a Comment