November 26, 2009
Giving Thanks
I am thankful for...
peace with God and forgiveness from sin
God's daily presence
the work of the Spirit making me more like Christ
a godly husband who makes me want to be more like him as he follows Christ
a wonderful daddy to our children
two healthy, lively, hilarious children
loving grandparents within driving distance who even like us as well as the kids
Susanna being almost fully potty-trained (though she took it a bit too far today and decided to pee on a tree with Brother...)
I could go on, as we all could! But I have been reading over Psalm 100 the last few days and have been reminded afresh at why I should be thankful. It's not so much that I should be thankful for the things God allows me to enjoy, although He blesses me with many, but simply for who God is.
"...the LORD Himself is God." v. 3
"For the LORD is good; His lovingkindess is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations."
Thank You, Jesus, for being God and for being good. Thank You for making Yourself known to us, as we will celebrate soon at Christmastime- Immanuel, God with us.
Here's a link to an article about Thanksgiving written by Pastor John Piper. Excellent material for meditation on this day or any day. Much love to you all-I'm thankful as well for the internet, a way to stay in touch with so many friends and family members whom I miss dearly.
Posted by Hayden at 2:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment